How did I get in this handbasket?

Friday, November 12, 2004

Light, Fun, & Geeky.

Okay, I've said I sucked before for the postlessness, but at least now I have a good excuse - For the past month I have been on a plumbing adventure, and now I finally have HEAT! Oh, sweet delicious heat! Not a moment too soon either, daily low temperatures have been brushing the low 30s, sorely testing my recently super-insulated roof (a significant improvement from last winter's completely UNinsulated roof.

At any rate, to celebrate our reintroduction and upgrade to second world living standards, my seven and a half month pregnant wife (a trooper and a schtarker of the first order) and I got the best Thai food on the Eastern Seaboard. While there is still too much to do, I am feeling a hair less overwhelmed.

The fact that a disturbing percentage of my fellow citizens have chosen to elect a lying, fanatic, who will screw us all is also a bit depressing to say the least.

But before we dwell on that - here are some light, fun and geeky links for you all.

First, we have a home "polaroid" holography kit.

and even better, plush toy giant microbes and pathogens.


4 Comments:

  • That holography kit looks cool, if it actually works; I didn't find the photos very convincing.

    I almost went to U of M Ann Arbor because the Honors College there had a holography studio in the dorm. I've always been curious about the tech.

    By Blogger Indri, at November 17, 2004 at 1:27 AM  

  • Okay, I dreamt last night that I was in school and "Batojar" was a really hip African exchange student with long dredlocks, wearing some kind of yellow wrap. I was trying to find a picture of him in a book.

    When are you going to post again?

    By Blogger Indri, at December 12, 2004 at 4:10 PM  

  • Sorry, about that. Here's a post!

    Ha! You may not have found a picture of the bedreaded African exchange version of me, as I am pale to the point of being blue and nominally bald. But I kind of like the idea. Do I also get to be tall?

    By Blogger batojar, at December 26, 2004 at 12:22 PM  

  • Really loved your sait. Well done.

    http://shortlink.it/s/7eXVHJ
    [url=http://shortlink.it/s/7eXVHJ ]automobile car insurance insurance online quote[/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 17, 2007 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home