How did I get in this handbasket?

Sunday, December 26, 2004

How Did SHE Get in This Handbasket?

Well....okay...I know HOW, but still it is amazing to find a beautiful baby girl sleeping on my lap as I type this. Although I am admittedly biased, she's quite a looker. I fully expected her to look like Winston Churchill, like most babies, but not even a little.

While I like having such a cutie, I confess I'm just a tiny bit bummed I can't do my Churchill bit with her (hold up baby in front of face, and say "We shall fight them on the beaches...."). No, really, it KILLS at parties.

I feel a little bad about the state of the world we have brought her into - oddly driven home by the hospital giving us a copy of the newspaper for her date of birth - but some of that is ameliorated by the fact that she lives in a very blue part of the city in a very blue part of the state in a very blue part of the country.

That, and I get to read to her all kinds of great books, including this amazing one we just discovered (thanks Josh & Anke).

So, I know I always seem to have an excuse for the lack of post, but I this is a pretty good one. It may also make more understandable my extreme, post-killing motivation behind my adventure in heating plumbing.

P.S: I hold firm to all my previous assertations: If I wax rhapsodic about poo, y'all can smack me upside the head.

8 Comments:

  • You forgot to mention the particulars, jackass. Did you name her after me? Is your beautiful wife ok? When is she doing her first west coast tour? You have all my best wishes and good thoughts. I can't think of two cooler people to have a beautiful baby girl.

    By Blogger jamie_donohoe, at December 28, 2004 at 10:35 PM  

  • Her name is Eleanor Rose, born on Alysse's B-day, @ 2:45am. 7lbs 8.6oz, 20.5 in. She and her incredible Mom are doing great.

    By Blogger batojar, at December 28, 2004 at 11:50 PM  

  • Oh, and I'm not sure about the west coast tour yet. Thanks for the good wishes.

    By Blogger batojar, at December 28, 2004 at 11:52 PM  

  • Yay hooray! There was talk of the blessed event at Alysse's birthday shindig, but it was unclear what exactly you'd gotten; my informant was still viral, I think. It was clear that you'd gotten a human baby and not a litter of kittens; beyond that, no idea. So anyway, congratulations!

    By Blogger Indri, at December 31, 2004 at 3:08 AM  

  • Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

    Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 8, 2005 at 2:48 PM  

  • Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
    installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**vermont casting gas fireplacevermont casting gas fireplace

    By Blogger gipedan, at November 20, 2005 at 3:52 AM  

  • Yours By Design Heating and Cooling is a full service Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor based in Blaine, MN
    installing residential heating and air and commercial heating and air.**Heating****Cooling**gas fireplace valvegas fireplace valve

    By Blogger gipedan, at November 21, 2005 at 8:05 AM  

  • I can't believe this. I set out to get some ideas on my new site.. you know themes, color, layout, etc.... and I can't believe how much stuff I've found looking around. I'm liking some of the stuff I see here... some good ideas at least. I'm not sure if I want to go with normal blue underlined links or if I want an entire theme of colors for all of the text and the links too. Anyway, nice page, it gave me something to chew on. If anyone actually sees this and feels like it, you can check out my site. fireplace screen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 29, 2006 at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home